Canon 6D Mark II – long awaited DSLR for dental photography.
Canon users were waiting for the new model from 6D series from the last few years. Now we can take a closer look at the results of the hard work of Canon’s engineers.
What you should know and what has changed?
- completely new sensor with 26Mpix and ISO from 100 to 40.000
- Dual Pixel AF in Live View means easier focusing during rolling video
- More comfort thanks to the new fully-articulating touchscreen
- Sealed body for the outdoor use
The EOS 6D Mark II hasn’t change ergonomically. When you compare it externally with the predecessor, it’s pretty hard to tell the differences. The main external change is in the addition of a 3″, fully articulating touchscreen LCD. There are more similarities between the models than there are differences. However inside the 6D Mark II is completely different and adopts some solutions from Canon 80D.
What is importat for dental photography? The camera body has the 2 Custom Shooting modes available C1 and C2. You can easily save your most commonly used settings like for intraoral shots or portraits and recall it when you take the shots. It’s easy solution for everyone who wants to stay away from constantly changing and playing between the camera settings.
Another important is fast autofocus mode, which can be the key feature for auto focusing enthusiasts.
The wireless functions, including NFC and Bluetooth are almost standard.
With this camera you can take beautiful portraits and striking intraoral pictures. For creative photographers it’s the model worth considering.
The camera body will be available from August 2017 and the estimated price is 1.999$ (body only).
- 26.2 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor
- Optical Viewfinder with a 45-point All Cross-type AF System1
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Phase-detection & Full HD 60p
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor, ISO 100-40000
- Vari-angle Touch Screen, 3.0-inch LCD
- Built-in Wi-Fi®2, NFC3, Bluetooth®4 and GPS technology
- High-speed Continuous Shooting at up to 6.5 fps
- Dust- & Water-resistant