Canon Announces EOS M50 Mark II: Details
Canon EOS M50 Mark II Specs & Price
We’ve got same releases these days! Nikons announces Z6 II and Z7 II and Canon comes with its successor to the “#1 selling mirrorless camera in the United States,” the EOS M50 Mark II mirrorless camera.
What’s new? Well, the M50 Mark II shares the same 24MP APS-C sensor with its predecessor, and the same Digic 8 image processor. But there are some improvements, too. The Dual Pixel autofocus system has been updated to allow eye tracking in both stills and video. You can also shoot a vertical video and stream it to YouTube Live over a smartphone internet connection.
According to Canon, the EOS M50 Mark II includes “many of the beloved features of its predecessor” while adding a few more to enhance its usability.
What do you think of EOS M50 Mark II’s main features?
- Improved autofocus including eye autofocus in video
- Vertical video shooting support
- LCD adds tap video record button and movie self-timer for better vlogging experience
- High-quality webcam capability, when used with compatible services, with the free EOS Webcam Utility software or Clean HDMI output
- Wireless YouTube Live streaming capability
- The ability to tap the screen to autofocus on your subject while looking through the EVF
We’re pretty sure it can be the ne favourite camera among dental photography beginners. The only thing missing is the custom shooting mode: it allows you to register current camera settings, such as the shooting mode, menu functions, and Custom Function settings, as Custom shooting modes under the Mode Dial’s <C1> and <C2> positions. This would be useful.
The EOS M50 Mark II will be available in late November 2020 for $599 USD body-only, $699 USD as a kit with the 15-45mm F3.5-6.3, and $929 USD as a kit with the 15-45mm and 55-200mm F4.5-6.3 lenses.
If you want to know more about cameras in dental photography, check out our lesson!