Canon discontinues one of the best Macro lenses ever!
It’s official! There will be no more the Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro lens on the market. After 23 years Canon ends the production of one of the best and the coolest Macro lenses available.
What was so special about this model? It’s 1:1 to 5:1 Magnification and 9.4″ Min Focus. These features let us get really close-up. That’s a feature we can’t overstate in dental intraoral photography. Professional and advanced dental photographers will appreciate the lens’ specs, so this is the last call to purchase. The retailers will sell through their remaining stock, but it will not be replenished. Of course, it will still be available on the aftermarket and we bet it will be often looked up!
MP-E m f/2.8 1-5x Macro lens specs:
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/16
- One Ultra-Low Dispersion Lens Element
- Super Spectra Coating
- 1:1 to 5:1 Magnification, 9.4″ Min Focus
- Manual Focus Operation
- Three-Group Floating Element System
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- 6-Blade Diaphragm
- Compatible with Macro Ring or Twin Lites
Watch our Dental Photography Lenses online course now!
You must be logged in to leave comment