How to start with dental photography?
Dental photography can be very easy and pleasing. If you don’t know where to start this article will help you to find your way.
- Buy dedicated photo equipment.
You will need the camera body, macro lens, and macro flash.
Check the Equipment section if you need detailed information about recommended models, features and prices.
- Set your camera to get the best out of it.
The most important are:
Correct Date and Time
Color space: AdobeRG
Image Quality: RAW + jpg
White Balance: Flash
Metering Mode: Evaluative or 3D Matrix
AF points: Single
- Buy the necessary dental photo accessories:
Self-Retracting retractor, single-sided retractors, occlusal mirror and buccal mirror. Anterior black contraster is optional.
- Ask your assistant or your friend to be your model and start with intraoral photographs. You should practice with your team before taking pictures of your patient. Be confident with your skills. Practice taking dental portfolio.
- Best advice is at the end: practice, practice, and practice! Consistency is the key to success.
You must be logged in to leave comment