New Smallest 2x Macro for Full Frame from Venus Optics: 85mm f/5.6 APO
What a news for dental photography industry!
Venus Optics has just announced the Laowa 85mm f/5.6 2x Ultra Macro APO. It is claimed to be the smallest 2x macro for any full-frame camera.
It works with Nikon Z, Canon RF, Sony E and Leica M mounts.
Laowa 85mm f/5.6 2x Ultra Macro APO details:
- specially designed for Full Frame mirrorless cameras
- the most compact 2x macro lens on the market
- 259 grams (9.12 ounces), 3.18-inches long by 2.08-inches wide
- the APO design allows the lens to produce photos with minimal chromatic aberration
- made to cast aside the normal bulky and heavy macro lenses that are available without sacrificing image quality
- the lens can focus from infinity to 2x magnification and features a minimum focusing distance of 6.31-inches
- a seven-bladed aperture diaphragm, an angle of view of 28.55-degrees, and a front filter thread size of 46mm
This light lens is perfect for light mirrorless cameras used in dental digital photography, especially if you’re not a fan of heavy equipment. What’s more, with its 2x magnification will be comfortable to use in various dental photography circumstances. We’re pretty sure it will prove itself in many situations, e.g. preparing your dental portfolio or extracting very small details, so important in our practice.
Check out some photos made with the new lens:
The Venus Optics Laowa 85mm f/5.6 2x Ultra Macro APO is available for $499.
Check out our Online Training: Lenses!
You must be logged in to leave comment