Nikon Z8’s leak: first specs and pics of the upcoming camera!
Let’s be clear about it: we’re talking about rumors and leaks and we can’t be sure what will be confirmed and how it will affect dental photography. Nevertheless, we’d like to take a closer look at the first Z8 probable specs and pictures!
The Z8’s about to have similar specs to the famous Z9, but its form factor is much closer to the shape of the Nikon Z7 II, rather than the Z9. Will it be considered a good idea for your dental photography equipment?
What do we know so far?
- Nikon Z8 will weigh under 1kg and measure 144x118x83mm (5.6×4.6×3.2in) and will have a 3.2-inch tilting LCD rear screen, and either a 3MP or 9MP electronic viewfinder
- Nikon Z8 is rumored to feature a 45.7 megapixel stacked sensor, capable of 20 frames per second when shooting in RAW or 120 frames per second when shooting JPEG only, with a maximum shutter speed of 1/32000
- Reportedly, it can record in 10-bit HEIF image files, HEIF images have a better compression algorithm than JPEGS
- Its sensor is reportedly capable of ISO 64-25,600, although we suspect that this number will be a lot higher when you take into account manually increased speeds
- Nikon Z8 looks set to include one CFExpress card slot and one regular SD slot.
The camera is already called a “mini Z9”, and the Z8 will also have a pro-level price, apparently costing around $5000/£4800. The Nikon Z8 should also be with us very soon, with Nikon reportedly gearing up for a big marketing campaign.
We’ll keep you posted on the subject and, as usual, we’ll check if the camera is suited for dental digital and intraoral photography!
Check out our Cameras Online Training!
You must be logged in to leave comment